National Carers Conference 2017
HomeNational Carers Conference 2017
ABI Ireland is hosting a National Carers Conference on Wednesday 15 February 2017. The event takes place in the Croke Park Conference Centre. The conference is designed exclusively for family carers and family members who are caring for a loved one with an acquired brain injury.
The theme of the conference is 'Building Resilience: Valuing Myself as a Carer'. It aims to provide family carers with greater levels of knowledge and understanding of brain injury.
There will be a number of main speakers as well as workshops on a range of topics including:
- Legal issues
- Minding yourself and managing stress
- Attention and memory challenges
The day will also include plenty of opportunities to network with other family members, have some fun and experience a little pampering! We will have some wonderful prizes in recognition of the contribution that carers and families make in communities across Ireland.
There is a €10 fee per person to register.
Click here to register
Speakers on the day
- Keynote address: Dr. Eddie Murphy, Clinical Psychologist, Author and Mental Health Advocate
- Miriam O’Callaghan, Broadcaster and Journalist
- Simon Harris, TD, Minister for Health
- Barbara O’Connell CEO ABI Ireland
Download Barbara O'Connell's presentation here
- Ann McGarry, Solicitor, Nathaniel Lacy and Partners Solicitor
Download Ann McGarry's presentation here
- Dr. Caroline McGrath, Senior Neuropsychologist, ABI Ireland
Download Dr. Caroline McGrath and Teresa O’Boyle's presentation here
- Teresa O’Boyle, Local Service Manager, ABI Ireland
- Dr. Brian Waldron, Senior Clinical Psychologist
Download Dr. Brian Waldron's presentation here
There will be a pampering zone where you can enjoy and explore a range of pampering and relaxation services on offer across the course of the day.
A two course lunch will be served and the High Hopes Choir will provide the lunchtime entertainment.
ABI Ireland would like to thank our funders, Pobal.
Directions to Venue
Croke Park is easily accessible from the city centre and train stations. There is also free parking available for delegates at the conference. Click here to find directions and more information.