On your marks, get set, bake! There’s a rush on flour and eggs all over Ireland as families and friends touched by brain injury get ready to raise some dough to support our life-changing work!.
Bake parties are set to sweep the nation
This year marks our seventh annual bake party fundraiser. All the monies raised from bake parties go to support our rehabilitation and family support services right across the country. It’s all happening as part of National Brain Awareness Week, 11-17 March.
Organise your own bake party
It’s really simple – bake whatever you like then invite friends or family around to enjoy your tasty cakes in exchange for a donation to our charity! It’s a win-win for everyone. There’s nothing like the smell of freshly baked cakes to make you feel a sense of satisfaction and it’s an excuse to catch up with people at home or in work.
Use your flour power!
Our Head of Fundraising Jonathan Power, said: “We’re looking for people to join in the fun and embrace the ‘flour power’ for our annual ‘Bake for Brain Injury’. Host a bake party or coffee morning between 11-17 March. Your support or donation will make a real difference to people who need our help after their lives are turned upside down after brain injury.”
Where the money goes
Monies raised will go to support our local services so we can provide more personalised rehabilitation programmes to more brain injury survivors. Every year in Ireland an estimated 19,000 people acquire a brain injury. Nobody ever thinks a brain injury will happen to them. But it happens to 52 people here every day. Thanks to the generous donations from events like this, we can help even more people get their lives back. So many people with brain injuries have problems that people can’t see. That’s why our rehabilitation services are so important. We help people manage difficulties with memory, fatigue, judgement and we support them in relearning everyday activities to increase their independence.
Let’s beat last year!
Last year more than 50 bake parties took place in homes and communities around Ireland raising more than €10,000 and this year with your help, we can beat it! To register your bake party and receive our fundraising pack visit www.abiireland.ie/bake
Visit one of our local bake parties
Our local Acquired Brain Injury Ireland teams are hosting bake party to raise funds and all are welcome:
· 11am-1pm, Edgeworthstown Community Centre, Longford
· 10.30am-12.30pm, Tullamore Parish Centre, Offaly
· 10am-4pm, Bridge Shopping Centre, Tullamore, Offaly
· 12-2pm at Anvers, 69 Adelaide Road, Glenageary, Co Dublin
· 1-3pm at 153 Mobhi Road, Glasnevin
· In Cork at the Macroom Traders Market from 10am-4pm
· 11am-12.30pm at the Cranog HSE Resource Centre in Bree, Castleblayney in Co Monaghan
· 12pm-2pm at the Derrane centre in Roscommon
· 10.30am at Tymon Bawn Community Centre, Firhouse Road West, Tallaght, Dublin
· 11.00am at Unit 4A, Block H, Centrepoint Business Park, Oak Road, Lucan, Co Dublin
· 11.30am at Parlickstown House, Ladyswell Road, Mulhuddart, Dublin
· 12-1.30pm at Milltown Secondary School in Kerry
· 12pm-2pm at Lisrath residential service, Ballymakenny Road in Drogheda, Co Louth
· 12-2pm at the Parish Centre in Castlebar in Co Mayo
· 12-3pm at the Acquired Brain Injury Ireland clubhouse behind the Applegreen Service Station on the Rosslare Road in Drinagh
· 11am-2pm at Lucan Supervalu, Co Dublin
· 11am at Side by Side Clubhouse, Northumberland Hall, Northumberland Avenue, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin
· 12-3pm at 223 Rochestown Avenue, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin
· 11am-2pm at Castleisland Resource Centre in Kerry
· 11am-1pm at 66 Ballinvoher on Father Russell Road, in Limerick
· 9.30am-12pm at the Acquired Brain Injury Ireland bookshop on the Main Street in Cashel, Co Tipperary
· 2pm at 37 Hillview, Creggaun na Hilla in Clarecastle in Clare
· 10.30am-1pm, Portlaoise Parish Centre, Portlaoise, Laois
· 10am-4pm at AIB Bank in Sligo town
· In Waterford at Cheshire Waterford from 11-1pm
· 10am-4pm at Bank of Ireland in Sligo
· 10.30am-1pm, Acquired Brain Injury Ireland Teach Fáilte, Mountbolus, Offaly
If you’d like to know more contact Jonathan or Natasha on 01-2804164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org