We are committed to promoting brain injury research in Ireland and building connections with the brain injury research community. We host a series of research events in order to provide a platform for ABI researchers in Ireland to share and disseminate their work as well as build collaborative opportunities to engage in research.
At Acquired Brain Injury Ireland, research is at the core of what we do and one of our strategic priorities:
- We rely on research as an evidence base to advocate and influence policy in relation to brain injury and neuro-rehabilitation services.
- We need research to ensure we deliver a world-class and effective rehabilitation service.
- We promote a strong culture of research across the organisation with staff, clients and families engaging and supporting a wide variety of research projects.
- We need research to create awareness of acquired brain injury as a serious healthcare issue.
- We are keen to support early career researchers to build the evidence base and grow as experts in the field of brain injury.
- We need greater levels of collaboration to generate good research ideas and proposals in order to drive more investment in brain injury research in Ireland.