If you would like to access the services offered through Acquired Brain Injury Ireland, or if you wish to refer someone to our services, the first step is to complete a referral form and the accompanying Consent for Release of Information Form.
To make it easy for you, we have included our referral sources, referral form and consent for release all in one handy referral pack. Please note that Consent for Release of Information must be completed or the referral cannot be processed.
I’ve sent my referral form, what happens next?
- Once the referral form is received, we will request information from the other health professionals that have been accessed.
- We will then arrange an initial assessment meeting to discuss your current support needs and rehabilitation goals.
- Where Acquired Brain Injury Ireland cannot immediately provide the required support service, the person will be placed on a waiting list.
- At present, Acquired Brain Injury Ireland works with adults (18-65 years) whose main disability is Acquired Brain Injury.
- In some cases we may not be the most appropriate service for the individual being referred and the referrer will be advised of this decision.