It’s that time of the year again which means we hope you’re ready to spice it up! Bake for Brain Injury is back with a bang as we get ready to raise vital funds to support brain injury survivors all over Ireland ahead of National Brain Awareness Week.
There’s still time to take part!
It’s never too late to organise a bake party – just drop us an email on email@example.com and we’ll help you get started.
Easy bake ideas
If you’re looking for ideas on what to bake, we found some great easy bake recipes on BBC Good Food. All your favourites are here, everything from yummy bakewell tarts to butterfly buns and a chocolate tray bake.
Save yourself some time and buy ready made pastry. You’ll usually find this in the freezer section. Just don’t forget to let it defrost the night before!
More cheats and tips
Who has time to squeeze lemons?! Give yourself a break and buy a bottle of lemon juice. Another good piece of advice is to keep your eggs out of the fridge for baking so they are at room temperature. If you’re making cupcakes, use an ice cream scoop to measure out the batter!
Don’t forget to cater for all palettes and here is a delicious gluten free lemon drizzle cake to add to your repertoire. Definitely one for your list. It’s a lovely moist cake and wait for it – the magic ingredient is – mashed potato!!
If you think mashed potato is a new trick in baking – wait till you hear about the avocado in this luscious chocolate vegan cake! The great thing about this recipe is that it is gluten free as well.
Whatever you’re baking – enjoy it!
Our bake events around the country:
- Clare: 7th March, 12pm-3pm, 12 Tracklands, Tobarteascain, Ennis
- Limerick: 11th March, 11.30am-1.30pm, 66 Ballinvoher, Father Russell Road
- Wexford: 11th March, 12pm-3pm, our clubhouse at Applegreen Station in Drinagh
- Kerry: 12th March, 1pm-3pm, Castleisland Resource Centre
- Sligo: 13th March, 10am-4pm, AIB Bank, Sligo
- Louth: 14th March, 2pm-4pm, Lisrath, Ballymakenny Road, Drogheda
- Meath: 20th March, 10am-1pm, Claremont Stadium, Navan
- Offaly: 22nd March, 11am-1pm, Teach Fáilte, Mountbolus
- Laois: 25th March, 11am-1pm, Portlaoise Parish CentreCavan: 3rd April, 12pm-3pm, Tierquin
10th March, 10am-2pm, Supervalu Lucan
10th March, 11am-3pm, Side by Side Clubhouse, 13 Northumberland Ave, Dun Laoghaire
11th March, 10am-2pm, Parlickstown House, Mulhuddart
12th March, 1pm-3pm, 223 Rochestown Ave, Dun Laoghaire
12th March, 3pm-5pm, Saint Paul’s Parish Centre, Adelaide Road, Glenageary
12th March, 10.30am-12.30pm, Tymon Bawn Community Centre